Even though we know each practice is individual, we also acknowledge the studio is a shared space. To guarantee each student the best experience possible, Polarity requests all students follow the guidelines and policies provided below!
REGISTERING FOR A CLASS
- Pre-registration is required using our online scheduling software. We have 14 poles that vary in height from 12 to 22 feet. Classes accommodate for one person per pole to ensure the best experience for all clients. Pole sharing may occasionally occur.
- Clients must be 18 years of age to participate in classes at aUM Yoga and Polarity or receive parental consent.
- Drop-in/Stand-by clients will be dealt with on a first-come, first-served basis (as capacity allows). Please do not make dropping in for class a habit. Our online scheduler is there to make your life easy!
- If the class that you would like to attend is full, you are able to join the waitlist using our online scheduling software. When a spot becomes available, you will receive an email and will be automatically added to the class. You will need to confirm your reservation using our online scheduler or respond to the email confirmation. If you are on the waitlist and are no longer able to attend class, please cancel the reservation to allow another client to move up on the waitlist or register for the class.
- Please log into your account to see your membership agreement and/or additional package terms. All contract members should ensure to read their contract carefully as the terms are non-negotiable.
- A signed waiver of liability and release is required of all students who practice at the studio. If you have not signed a release form, please fill out our digital liability form at the welcome desk. A signed waiver of liability is also required each time that you practice. A printed waiver of liability is available for your convenience at the reception desk.
ATTIRE & ETTIQUITE
- Wear comfortable and binding clothes (shorts and a sports bra/tank recommended). Please practice in bare feet, socks, ballet, or jazz shoes. Heels or alternate pole dance shoes are not allowed. Most classes require the back of the knee exposed. The friction of skin to pole contact will enhance your class experience. Knee pads are recommended for clients with sensitive knees or previous knee injuries. Please see the class descriptions page for specific guidelines regarding attire.
- Refrain from wearing strong perfumes or other strongly scented fragrances.
- Practice on an empty stomach. It is best not to eat two hours prior to practice.
- Yoga mats will be used during some classes. Please bring your own mat if you have one, as it personalizes your practice and is more hygienic. Loaners are always available (and free) if you forgot or do not have a yoga mat. Bring a microfiber towel to wipe down your hands/pole.
- Bring or purchase your own pole grip from the front desk if you have slippery or clamy hands. The studio will have extra grip available, but is not guaranteed on a regular basis.
- Microfiber towels and alcohol spray are provided to clean the pole during class. Please ensure that you clean your pole at the end of class, prior to vacating the studio space.
- Plan to arrive five to ten minutes before the scheduled class time to check in, store your belongings, choose your pole, and set up your yoga mat. The door will be locked at the start of class to minimize disruptions. If you arrive late for a class and the door is locked, please do not interrupt the session. This will still count as a Late Cancel. Please arrive early as a form of respect for the teachers and other clients.
- Please remove your shoes and jacket upon entering Polarity as a form of respect for our space and to support the clean environment we maintain. You may store your shoes and jackets outside of the studio space on provided shoe racks and hooks. Additional personal belongings can be stowed away in cubbies (interior to the studio space), which can be viewed and accessed by practitioners throughout the practice.
- Check in with the instructor/receptionist at the welcome desk upon arrival, even if you are a regular client.
- If you are pregnant, have serious health conditions or injuries, or have had any health changes, please consult a doctor before taking a class. With your doctor's approval, please alert the instructor of any changes and/or concerns.
- Turn off all mobile phones, pagers, PDAs and stow them away before the start of class. Photography and videography are not allowed while class is being instructed.
- No food or beverage is permitted in the studio space, except for sealed bottle water.
- Upon entering the space, we ask that you please wait for instruction before touching poles. Clients are strictly prohibited from touching poles without guided instruction from a Polarity staff member.
- Listen to your body; pushing yourself into pain is not a part of any movement practice. Our practice and studio is centered around mindfulness, connectivity, and increased body awareness.
- Plan to stay the entire length of class, including the final cool down and stretch. If you must leave, please alert the instructor that you need to leave early at the beginning of class.
- Only New Clients are eligible to purchase the Groupon. If you attend a free class at Polarity, you will no longer be eligible to purchase the Groupon.
- Registration is required in advance to schedule your first class. Please call the studio to register and reserve.
- Limit one per person, may buy one additional as gift.
- All classes must be used within 30 days of first redemption.
- Merchant's standard cancellation policy applies (any fees not to exceed Groupon price).
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION & POLICIES
- Our schedule is subject to change at our discretion. We reserve the right to cancel any class, workshop, or event for reasons including, but not limited to: inclement weather, instructor illness, or low registration. We reserve the right to substitute or change instructors assigned to classes. If class is cancelled due to inclement weather or other extenuating circumstances, class cancellations will be posted on our website, Facebook, and Instagram. Please check our schedule regularly, class times may change, and we may be closed for holiday weekends and/or private events.
- All event deposits are non-refundable. To cancel your party reservation, we require 48 hours notice, or you are culpable for the remaining balance.
- Questions? Email email@example.com!